Xiaomi – the Chinese smartphone manufacturing company has launched its latest device Xiaomi Redmi 5 with 2GB or 3GB RAM variant. Now the company has just released 4GB RAM variant of it.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Features
The smartphone features a 5.7 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display that carries the support for 720 x 1440 pixels screen resolution at 282 of ppi pixel density. It runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system, which means the smartphone supports multi-window, a direct reply from notifications, and new emojis.
It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa core processor and for graphics; there is an Adreno 506 graphics processor. On the storage front, the smartphone is equipped with 2GB / 3GB / 4GB of RAM along with 16GB / 32GB of internal storage. The phone also supports MicroSD card for storage expansion that increases storage up to 128GB.
As far as the camera is concerned, the smartphone sports a 12 megapixel rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus, face detection and LED flash. While on the front of the device, there is a 5 megapixel front facing camera for capturing wonderful selfies and making video calls.
To power the device, there is a Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery buried inside it with fast battery charging technology support. The phone also comes with the support for fingerprint sensor for added security. The smartphone is available in various color options, including Black, Gold, Light Blue, and Rose Gold.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Specs
- 7 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display
- 720 x 1440 pixels screen resolution
- 282 of ppi pixel density
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa core processor
- Adreno 506 graphics processor
- 2GB / 3GB / 4GB of RAM
- 16GB / 32GB of internal storage
- Expandable storage: up to 128GB
- 12 megapixel rear camera
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery
- fast battery charging technology
- Color options: Black, Gold, Light Blue, and Rose Gold
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Price
In terms of price, the Xiaomi Redmi 5 smartphone retails for about 160 EUR.